I’ve got something really special to share with you today – a brilliant fan theory created by one of our own! It’s not my own creation, but when they asked me to post it here to see what you all think, I just couldn’t say no. This theory is all about diving deeper into our favourite story, and I can’t wait to hear what you think. So, after you read it, please drop your thoughts in the comments. I know the fan (Afsheen) who came up with this would absolutely love to hear your take on it. In my opinion, this would make for an interesting fan fic. Let’s get into it!
New possible love connections: Aaric + Violet and Andarna + Aaric’s blue clubtail
Do you recall Violet’s mesmerising description of Aaric’s Dragon in the book? She paints a vivid picture: “A Blue Clubtail approaches with sapphire-hued scales that contrast the changing colours of the sunset sky, and he is beautiful. Aaric dismounts from the Blue Clubtail like he’s been doing it for years, with an ease that reminds me of Xaden and Liam.” Intriguing, isn’t it?
Consider this: blue dragons, known for their rarity, rank third in the hierarchy of rare dragon types, with black dragons just above them. And then there’s Andarna, unique in her den and unmatched in rarity. So, what if the plot thickens, and Aaric’s dragon turns out to be Andarna’s mate? Imagine a parallel to the powerful mated pair of Tairn and Sagaeyl, both rare in their kind. As Andarna matures and gains power, her pairing with this blue dragon could bring an intriguing twist to the tale.
Such a development could weave a complex web in the upcoming story arcs. It could mirror the connection between Aaric and Violet, akin to that of Violet and Xaden. Given Aaric’s history with Violet, stretching back to childhood, this revelation could forge a compelling new love triangle.
Moreover, there’s the looming involvement of Violet in the King’s political games. Recognised as a formidable asset, the King would undoubtedly leverage every opportunity to keep her under his influence. The potential bond between Violet and Aaric, especially with Aaric’s princely status, could become a strategic tool in the King’s arsenal.
Now, let’s consider Aaric’s evident admiration for Violet, as showcased in the book Iron Flame. His choice to protect her over his own mother, despite the latter’s strategic importance in war, hints at deeper feelings. Could this be the beginning of a romantic inclination?
Afsheen also proposes a theory about the Venin. What if they are akin to vampires, drawing energy from the land rather than blood from individuals, in their quest for power? Their abilities seem to mirror traditional vampire lore, with control being the only solution, not a cure.
The end of Iron Flame leaves us with a cliffhanger – Xaden has become a Venin. There is fear he might distance himself from Violet in the upcoming book, echoing the storyline of ‘New Moon’ in the ‘Twilight’ series. Will Aaric step in, much like Jacob did, altering the dynamics of their relationship?
The lingering question is how Rebecca Yarros, the author, plans to extend this saga over three more books. These theories might just be the key to unlocking the future twists and turns in this captivating series.
My take on the theory
So what do you think? Personally, and now this is my take on it, I love the idea that Andarna could find her own mate in Aaric’s dragon. It does sound interesting and let’s face it, Rebecca Yarros does not include pointless information in the book. If she asked us to essentially pay attention to that beautiful blue clubtail, it is because we desperately needed to take note of it! And while I do love the idea of the love triangle between Aaric, Violet and Xaden, something tells me that the love in the human realm will actually be between Aaric and Sloane. There is so much emphasis on their eyes, and the author always points out Aaric’s green eyes and Sloane’s gorgeous blue eyes. I don’t know why, but I feel they are destined for each other (to create super beautiful blue-green eyed babies in a post-venin world). I feel we’ve established that Xaden and Violet are strong as a couple, and they’ve evolved past Dain and even Cat. But then Yarros does like to throw us off course, as we’ve learnt so far, so I have no doubt we’re in for a lot of twists and turns when in comes to this love story. Either way, this theory got me smiling because it’s truly unique.
- Iron Flame Theory: Thoughts about Violet’s box
- Iron Flame Theory: Parallel between Iron Flame characters and the Pantheon
- Iron Flame Theory: How come that Violet and Xaden share dreams?
- Iron Flame Theory: Bodhi is Xaden’s brother
- Predictions for Book 3 Empyrean Series
- Iron Flame Theory: Violet and Xaden are Gods
- Empyrean Series Theory: Xaden Riorson is a morally grey character.
- Iron Flame Theory: The physics of Violet’s signet (and why gravity is not her second signet)
- Iron Flame Theory: General Daramor is more important than we think
- Iron Flame Theory: Venin live forever
- Iron Flame Theory: The Isle Kingdoms’ Rift and the Unseen Alliances
- Iron Flame Theory: Are the Gods among us?
- Empyrean Series Theory: Did Liam master more signets than we initially thought?
- Iron Flame Theory: There is something off with the Sorrengail family dynamic
- Iron Flame Theory: The elixir developed by the leadership is not new
- Iron Flame Theory: We will have a new General in Book 3
- Iron Flame Theory: Smells are crucial clues (eyes too!)
- Iron Flame Theory: Tairn and Sgaeyl might have had hatchlings
- Iron Flame Theory: Why are dragons so afraid of hatchlings being discovered by humans?
- Iron Flame Theory: Varrish was venin
- Iron Flame Theory: The Barrens will be restored with Sloane’s help
- Iron Flame Theory: We will unite the continent and have a modern language
- Iron Flame Theory: Did Naolin really die saving Brennan?
- Iron Flame Questions and Answers – What do we know so far?
- Iron Flame Theory: Aaric’s blue clubtail to become Andarna’s mate
- Iron Flame Theory: Violet’s second signet
- Iron Flame Theory: Mr Sorrengail is General Venin
- Iron Flame Theories – A complete collection
- Iron Flame Theory: Andarna knows how to kill venin