Reply To: Do you feel sorry for Dain?

• Kat

February 16, 2024 at 4:41 pm

Lots of stories have that one naïve & idealistic character who only sees the world in black and white and thinks everyone plays by the rules. Dain is the embodiment of just that.

He puts his trust in ideals and the wrong people and in his defense who would like to think of their father as someone with cruel intentions?

There is a struggle within him ever since the beginning of the story, but since Vi was not yet willing to open up for a longer talk after they arrived in Aretia we don’t get a good insight into how he feels and what drives him.

I was so mad at him for babying Vi and for reading her mind and telling his father what he saw, but when I got to the torture scene, I had a feeling that he would do the right thing and I was super relieved that he did.

What I am not sure about is if he really had a revelation and is going to do his best to be the supportive friend that Vi needs (and who he should have been all along) or if there is another nasty twist coming our way.

I think Colonel Aetos is bad news and I remain sceptical about Dain’s intentions.