Reply To: Do you still like Xaden?

• Cory

Organizer
    January 5, 2024 at 9:49 am

He is a fantastic book boyfriend/husband isn’t he? Red flags and all…I mean, c’mon, it’s Xaden!
    But yes, I agree he is really loyal to Violet. I love it that love made him into a morally grey character which I don’t know why but makes me weirdly happy. Like he’s not a GOOD guy you know? He is just a guy in love who would literally “happily watch Aretia burn if that meant Violet is safe”.

The Cat thing really upset me. I was so annoyed that he didn’t just put her in her place somehow. While Cat has grown on me too, I’m very afraid of her because I think she will do some shady stuff for Navarre’s crown. She wants power above all.

There are a few things we know about that ending. Hear me out:
    – He is still connected to Sgaeyl. There are shadows around him. He is very much a shadow wielder still.
    – She is quiet because maybe she is afraid of him. Or upset with him. Or trying to shield him out of fear. They can control dragons right? So I think Sgaeyl is thinking, assessing, wondering.
    – Violet knows he is venin. She saw the red in his eyes. She knows. But somehow, they slept in the same room still. Whatever happened, whatever it has been said, Violet still trusts him somehow.
    – I think Xaden will do some shady stuff not out of control but FOR Violet. We, as readers and “morally good characters” will argue that what he might do is wrong. But from the perspective of love, we will agree with him.