Reply To: Reading Xaden POV at same time as original text! 😱😍πŸ₯°

• CadetPhillips

February 3, 2024 at 2:46 pm

Ok so on my 3rd journey through Fourth Wing I just reached Chapter 16 so I could reread both POVs side by side and I must say I love Xaden’s cattiness towards Dain – is it wrong of me to say I find it so deliciously amusing that sometimes I giggle and clap my hands like a damn cheerleader? πŸ˜…πŸ˜…πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ€£πŸ€£

Violet POV: ” Don’t you see what happened? What Xaden’s done?” His grip tightens.

Xaden POV: “Don’t you see what happened? What Xaden’s done?” panicking like the infantry soldier he should have been

I also loved:

Violet POV: “Is that an official accusation?” Xaden looks at Dain like a hindrance, an annoyance.

Xaden POV: “Is that an official accusation?” Gods, please give me a reason to beat the pompous, Codex-loving shit out of him. Just once.

πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ˜ŽπŸ‘Œ

Not to mention “hovering like a nanny”, “like the rat he is” and “snot-nosed asswipe” 😝🀣

I’d have to say my favourite stand alone line of Xaden’s thinking is “He doesn’t deserve to breathe the same air as Violence.” In that line alone he’s not just insulting Dain but showing his utter admiration for Violet and every sentence after that in the paragraph shows me his softer side/quality that’s mixed in with his ruthlessness and his loyalty to those he cares for. πŸ₯°