Reply To: Easter Eggs

• CadetPhillips

March 27, 2024 at 11:43 am

I know we are all wondering about the rune like scar on Brennan’s hand, but I was also considering the fact that because he was surrounded by marked ones, he was hidden from Melgren knowing he survived – which I think is going to be key to the plot twist coming (which I 100% think is going to be Naolin)

Easter egg – no one has actually said Naolin is dead – Brennan flexed his jaw when beginning to say “Naolin was…” and then Violet cut him off and made assumptions on what he was going to say. Tairn interrupts in her head and says “we will not speak of the rider who came before” and didn’t specify whether he died. Sgaeyl has spoken to Xaden about his relation, other cadets have told stories about their dragons talking about their past riders so why the big deal for Tairn? Also when Brennan finally speaks he says “Naolin didn’t fail but it cost him everything” — how many times have both books emphasised that taking magic from the land instead of the dragon costs everything? And finally – Xaden feeling 100% certain that the sage was after him. Who started the rebellion? His father. And what did they lead to? It costing Naolin everything – I’m wondering if there’s a personal vendetta there. I’m wondering if the sage wants Violet not just for her power but for the leverage she brings Xaden down to his knees with.

Also just going to put out there – apparently Naolin means “God of the Sun”….interesting!

…ok I’ll give someone else a turn now. 😅😅🤣🤣