Reply To: What if the Fourth Wing came to our world?

• CadetPhillips

January 29, 2024 at 12:12 pm

Yay! πŸ₯³πŸ₯³ I’m so glad!

1. I think the first thing I would tell them is dragons are not real in our world and to pass on to their bonded to find a safe place to hide. Maybe discuss some of the dangers – military helicopters, fighter jets, etc. And I agree with you – keeping their signets secret – they need to know what our world thinks of Magic and be made aware that mobiles and tvs with moving pictures are not considered “magic” here πŸ˜…πŸ˜…πŸ€£πŸ€£

I think it would be important for Violet and Xaden to know about the book series existing but I don’t know if I’d have the heart to tell them we know like….everything πŸ˜…πŸ˜…πŸ™ˆπŸ™ˆ haha

I would tell Dain everyone hates him…just because. 😝

I would tell Sloan everyone loved her brother and his memory lives on in thousands of people in our world πŸ₯ΉπŸ’•

2. Violet – the internet and the ability to “google” any information at her fingertips. Also the idea that we have taken what comes from lightning (electric current) and use it to power our entire world. Including finding other means to source energy – solar, wind, water, etc.

Xaden – I think TVs – moving pictures would fascinate him as he has always needed to know information in advanced and the idea that there’s such a thing as “live tv” or people find out about events in real time instead of several days, weeks or in the case of the first rebellion – years later. I think he’d be surprised to learn that in a world where information is available at your fingertips we are still repeating the same mistakes in history on different continents.

Dain – I think Dain would find general objects fascinating – like lie detectors weird or the differences in rules/laws between their world and ours.

Rhiannon – because of her nephew I think she’d be amused by all the different children’s toys we have to offer. I also think she’d be keen to try out theme park rides and compare them to the experience of riding Feirge.

Ridoc – I think he would fit right in here! He would be amazed by the fact that telling jokes can be someone’s paid work (stand up comedian and comedic actors) and would be fascinated by the random funny inventions people come up with.

Sawyer – I feel like he would be fascinated by the fact they come from a book here and the different how can I say…importance? Popularity? we put on different objects or actions. I think he’d find how we’ve evolved in our world through science instead of magic interesting too.

3. I would be hesitant to tell Violet and Xaden about the fact the book is from her perspective including her personal thoughts and their sexual activities πŸ˜…πŸ€£. That would be the only thing though – I would invite questions about our world eagerly.

4. I think the idea of bungie jumping would be so weird for them seeing they all started their journey crossing a bridge WITHOUT falling off! 😝🀣 I think they should also go in a fighter jet to see whether the G forces compare to their dragons. Rollercoasters and theme park rides too. The only animals you really hear about in these books are dragons, gryphons, horses, sheep and goats. I would love them to take them to the zoo or different wildlife parks around the world and show them animals like giraffes, elephants, tigers, kangaroos, koalas, platypus, etc. They need to experience different appliances we use in this world. Also going to see a movie in a big theatre, watch a musical, go to a concert, go water skiing and snowboarding. Even though I’m not interested, they mind it mind blowing to know people get paid millions of dollars to “challenge” each other (boxing) haha

And yes…I have already thought about this a lot (I just couldn’t be the first person to reply to my own post πŸ˜…πŸ˜…πŸ€ͺπŸ™ˆπŸ€£ haha)